• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A successful hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.flintlock

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Today was opening day of regular firearms season and but I hunt with flintlock rifles during the entire season. I was hunting at the base of a hill overlooking a swamp. At 8:50 I caught some movement coming down the hill headed for the swamp. It was a nice buck. He was heading for one of my shooting lanes . He was not walking fast. When he stepped into the shooting lane, I put a .570 round ball just behind his left front leg. He ran about 35 yards and crashed. He was a nice six point buck and field dressed at 141 pounds. I was loaded with 85grs of GOEX FFFg.

I do have pictures but it has been so long since I have posted here that I have forgotten how to do it. I loaded them into photo bucket. I will be happy to post them if someone will refresh me on how to do it.

A fine trophy taken with a fine looking rifle. Congratulations on both counts! :thumbsup:

I told a friend of mine that it is a Native American prayer cord but the truth is, I have a hook on the side of my ladder stand and when I need to stand up and use my milk jug, I can hang the rifle on that hook, muzzle down and that frees up both of my hands so I can hold the milk jug with one and use the other to ......

Congratulations! :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Instead of posting the Direct link, post the IMG file link to have picture in the post.

102_0657.jpg

102_0659.jpg

mr.flintlock said:
I told a friend of mine that it is a Native American prayer cord but the truth is, I have a hook on the side of my ladder stand and when I need to stand up and use my milk jug, I can hang the rifle on that hook, muzzle down and that frees up both of my hands so I can hold the milk jug with one and use the other to ......

Too much information. :doh:

Nice job on the deer.

Back