• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

After a mile.....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to load and poop! I had forgot to put my powder flask in the bag the night before :unhappy:

Walk back to the car, get in car, go home , get flask! Well I was so hot, the weather is so warm. I don't remember a December so warm! I missed one cock bird, missed a hen bird, missed a partridge and missed a rabbit too, Jess worked the rabbits. I took feather off a cock bird and spent an hour searching for him! I passed on the woodcock. Sounds abysmal I know but it is very difficult with a flintlock. I did have an ace day. In the woods and farm land, three pieces of land all joined the owners granting me total freedom. Priceless. I found some fox tracks, first in ages! I sneaked up on a wood pigeon and found a late pheasant returning to its roost so emptied the gun on him, turns out to be an old bird so will need a house brick to cook him with!

Here are the photos.

Lunch break.

Brits.

Good for you Brits. way to make it work. Early on in my bow hunting passion I was so excited to get in the woods opening day one year that I forgot my bow,, 20 mile one way trip. Just yesterday my dad and I were going pheasant hunting and the dog, Truro, gets so worked up and excited that dad left in such a hurry that he had his gun, and stuff for the dog, but left his vest with his ammo.

Glad your day worked out for you.

Thanks for the pictures, and the narrative, you made it work, and still had meat at the end of the day.

It is warm here too, Christmas day is supposed to me in the 60's - just isn't right for December. Makes wonder if we have a blizzard coming in January.

Back