• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

air is AprilFt frederick

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quinnconner

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Ft Frederick market fair is April 27 to 30...Who is going? A bunch of us usually try to meet up on saturday at lunch time or something.Anyone here camping there?
J.J.

My 2y old daughter and I are going.... just don't tell the wife. If see a guy pushing around a stroller... that would be me.

I never miss it, but over the last few years I found out that going on Friday is a much smaller croud, so we have been going on Fridays. It make the trip much more pleasureable to look around. But that's just me :youcrazy:

Griz,
I usually go there on friday to, but a bunch of us from another muzz. forum is going to meet on saturday.
Are you gonna be traveling on rt.30 past Everett, on your way to Ft Frederick?? That goes right past my front door.You could stop in and say howdy!
J.J.

I'm hoping to be there for a couple of days. My game plan is to go in like I'm on a scout with minimal equipment and stay a day or two and then meet the goodwife and soon for a final day hooking up with the motel milita on the last evening. Best vendors I've seen for the 18th century.

Juniata, I drive down to Cumberland on rt. 160 and catch 68 to 70. From my house it is a lot closer that way, I can make it in a little under 2 hours. The route by 30 would add about 45 minutes from home. Do you live close to Allegany College of Maryland?

Griz,
I think that they have a campus right here at the high school. I live right along rt30, old Forbes road...
I might go friday and saturday both it depends on the weather.I love it at that fair and I always buy a bunch of stuff.Hope to see you there.
J.J.

I'm planning on attending for the first time this year and we are planning to bring my daughter and her family. I would like to meet up with some of the good people on this forum.
Chuckpa

We're planning on being there on Friday. Hope to meet some of you. If you see us wandering around, say "hi" (we've all aged a year since this photo at Ft. Fred in '05 - except the Mrs., of course!).
042105%20005b.jpg

juniata jack said:
Ft Frederick market fair is April 27 to 30...Who is going? A bunch of us usually try to meet up on saturday at lunch time or something.Anyone here camping there?
J.J.
What's the deal at Fort Fredrick ? Sounds like something I might want to do ! I could do that on the way to Greenridge to go turkey hunting . I could get there Saturday morning , camp overnight , and head to Greenridge Sunday morning :thumbsup: . Do they allow nylon tents ?

They used to have a modern campming facility, but I can't say for sure if that is still available. Here is the site for info and phone numbers.[url] http://friendsoffortfrederick.org/marketfair.htm[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remember seeing anything modern last year. I don't they they have provisions for modern campers. I will say that this is a must see event, even if you just go for the day. It is juried 1730-1790 so all of the traders are excellent. Just remember to bring your check book. :winking:

The Fort has a small modern campground, but it is not available during the Market Fair. The first year I went with my modified pop-up trailer, it is gutted and used as a cargo trailer, I was told by 4 different folks, a Park Ranger included "mam, you can not camp here in that" but I can with what is inside. :grin: Now the GNAR has a modern camping area and is not far from the Fort. There site is[url] http://www.gnarendezvous.org/[/url]

Miki

Last edited by a moderator:
Slowpoke said:
My 2y old daughter and I are going.... just don't tell the wife. If see a guy pushing around a stroller... that would be me.

I'm going to be there on Saturday, figuring about a 3 hr drive. If you see a guy walking around with his wife, and she's holding his wallet, that'd be me! :haha:

WildatHeart said:
If you see a guy walking around with his wife, and she's holding his wallet, that'd be me! :haha:

Not me Baby !!! I've been donating blood, selling plasma, borrowing, begging, calling in old notes, and robbing the collection plate. :rotf:

My wife is a nut... she went with me one time and it offended her sensibilities and claims that it took a $200 spa treatment to get all the smoke fumes out of her skin and hair and her Manolo Blahnik shoes were ruined.
So basically it's just me and Lauren making the trip. The kicker is .... the wife doesn't know we're going.... She would have a conniption if she knew I was subjecting her daughter to open fire, fur tents, and thousands of objects that could put a eye out.

I hope some of you good people will be there on Sunday because that is the only day I can get there. I would like to meet the couple from the Lehigh valley I'm from Allentown PA.
Chuckpa
Chuck Beasley

I don't think my wife is nuts in general but she refuses to go to a rondy because she might come across one of you guys dressed like an indian wearing only your loin cloth on a windy day :rotf:
Later
Z

juniata jack said:

I'll be there a sutlering. Back along the tree line if we are in the same spot as last year, (which we asked for (the we being me and Henderson & Vinci Historical Cabinetmakers).

I am sure a hoping that this year's weather is a whole bunch better than last year. That was down right miserable.

Tony

Back