• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

All my big game hunting is fun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KHickam

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I didn't get out this deer season as much as I wanted - but today I went out with my smoothbore and shot at a hog - I shot high (it was a little on the long side for me about 75 yds) but I had a great time anyway :thumbsup:

Well, he was a good un about 150 lbs and dark colored - laying down when I spied him - unfortunately - I misjudged the elevation - I was shooting slightly downhill and the distance - I figured it was a bit longer and held a little high - near as I can figure I missed the top of his shoulder and spine by about 2 inches. But, man that thing got out of town quick. :( :shocked2:

I still had a good time - I realized that my tracking skills have gotten rusty - but I found no blood trail and I figure I would have if I had hit him with a .62 ball pushed by 90 grs of FFFg

Back