• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

almost but didn't shoot.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniel collums

45 Cal.
Reaction score
my wife had one of her nurse friends come sit with her yesterday after the kids got off to school so i made my way out the back door and down to my tree stand. on the way i jumped a very small deer then over the next hill jumped a big doe with her two fawns. later that day i could hear a deer or hog coming my way out of the swamp but couldn't see a thing because of all the green leaves. about 50 yards it busted me and started blowing and ran back the way it came. we have missed our early frost and most of the trees still have all their leaves thats going to be a hard thing to deal with this season. might have to just ground hunt till late season. one bad thing is the hogs they have rooted the place like crazy getting at the white oak acorns. from the tracks it looks like a big sow with a large litter.

Spikebuck said:
Nice when you can just walk out the back door and go hunting. :thumbsup: At least it sounds like you have deer in the area, so it's just a matter of time. Good luck!

My thoughts exactly!

lots of deer, you got to put up a tall fence or you can't have a garden. i had a nice buck walk right by me yesterday right at dark. our first two weeks of primitive gun season is anterless only.

Back