• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Alternate Ways to Mount Endcap...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elk_chaser1

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I am approaching the completion of a percussion GPR. The one last thing I am stuggling with is the endcap. The way the pin is currently drilled, it leaves too much gap in the stock and is way loose. Are there other approaches to mounting an endcap? Could it be glued without using pins? Thanks!

normaly they are pined with like a small head nail. Even a tack will work. Drill and put a small counter sink on the cap. Put the nail from barrel channel out though the cap then pein it flat and file, sand to smooth.

If I had to I would epoxy it in :( but you are better off the other way)

I had the same problem with my GPR kit. The barrel was coming in contact with the cap and forcing it down. When I got the inside of the casting filed level with the wood in the barrel channel (just clear of the barrel) it fit OK and the gap closed up.
............jbrent

Back