• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

An "Almost" bird

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanshi

Cannon
Reaction score
It's been almost two weeks ago that I made it out for turkey. The woods resounded with gobbling. I set up and commenced calling. For a bit I even carried on a conversation with at least three gobblers (no idea what we said). Anyway I did catch one's attention and brought him up close three times; but he just refused to step up to the plate. My lonely hen simply couldn't draw him away from his current harem - bird in the hand, you know.

I'm wanting to get out at least one more time (only got out twice this season) before it closes. Health problems kept me out of the woods last spring and is threatening to do the same now. All I can claim so far is an "almost".

Good luck on your next hunt, ours officially ends today. The gobbling seems to have stopped. I guess its time to focus on fishing and then spring squirrels.

Back