• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another Antelope down!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaho Ron

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Well the last Antelope is on the ground. My friend John got his Friday Morning. Lets say he needs some more time behind the wheel of his TC White Mountain Carbine/Green Mountain hybrid.
The buck is 14" and will also make the Long Hunter book. Here are the pictures of both of the bucks together. His is just a pinch larger than mine. I am sure happy for him. Ron

JohnsbuckA.jpg

9-25-10Lsmall.jpg

I am jealous, fantastic hunts guys. :v
Thanks for the pix.
Dusty :wink:

The way it's done!

Congrats on a great hunt, with all the prep paying dividends.

Sure makes my mouth water. Been a long time since I had grilled antelope chops, and it was still one of the best meals on record.

What kind of yardage did you shoot them at?Great job! :thumbsup:

BrownBear said:
The way it's done!

Congrats on a great hunt, with all the prep paying dividends.

Sure makes my mouth water. Been a long time since I had grilled antelope chops, and it was still one of the best meals on record.

Never had antelope....does it taste like venison ? or better?

Jack

Thanks guys. Jack, the roasts and chops are amazing. The hamburger is a lot less amazing. I am planning on jerkey for the burger. Ron

That's a good plan Idaho Ron. I do believe the best jerky I ever tasted was made from Antelope burger. Fine stuff and if I ever get to chase Antelope again I'm gonna' have a bunch made up. :)

Jack9211 said:
Never had antelope....does it taste like venison ? or better?

Ron already answered, but I'll chime in. If you skin and cool it quick, it's just dandy. Rather than striping backstraps, we used to make "butterfly" chops by bandsawing across the spine without splitting antelope in half. Two chops in one, if you read what I'm saying. Mix equal parts flour and good ground New Mexico chili, dredge the chops, and cook quick in bacon grease.

Ah, man.....

I'm Jonesing so bad for antelope now, I just drooled on my keyboard! :grin:

Back