• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another new guy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stinger

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi all. Just joined and am looking forward to chatting with a group that have similar interests as mine.

I'm located in central New York. Got back into hunting about 15 years ago when I got interested in hunting with handguns. After lots of range time and some successful deer seasons I wanted a little more challenge. Did some surfing and found a hunting forum that had a muzzle loading section. Got a lot of good info at the time but just didn't want to use a long gun (got spoiled not having to carry one around). Wasn't much out there in the handgun department that was legal to hunt with in New York. After a little more looking & chatten' I ordered a custom 50 cal. Muzzle loading barrel for the Thompson Encore. That didn't work out so I was off looking again. Found a 50 cal. inline at Kahnke Gun Works, Redwood Falls, MN. Called Gorden Kahnke up a couple times to talk about his pistol (model 82) and decided to try it. That was about five years ago. I've been using it as a primary hunting gun ever since.

I enjoy reading the various posts here and will contribute when I can. Hope to find some other handgun hunting enthusiasts here.

Hey stinger,

Welcome to the forum. Plenty of NY members out there, and I'm sure you will find some BP handgun hunting enthusiasts. When that Kahnke pistol starts getting ho-hum, spice things up with one that fires with flint... :winking:

stinger,
Welcome to the forum glad to have you
with us. Lots of friendly folks here to help
you with your B/P ??? no matter where your
interest mite lie.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :thumbsup: :) :peace: :)

Welcome to the forum. Share some of your BP hunting stories when you can. :thumbsup:

Back