• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

another pecatonica stocked T/C

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brain

36 Cal.
Reaction score
finished this up this afternoon.
lockstockbarrel.JPG

lock.JPG

i had been ''working'' on this for the last 4 years :bull: ok so there has'nt been that much work taking place that last 3....

it's a green mt 32'' .50 cal rb barrel. that i browned with laurel mt's solution.
i've read lately that gm is alittle lite on the quality control???? i've had this one for almost 5 years and it puts the balls where i want them. it has several hundred, if not thousand shots through it.

lock is a rpl that i'm letting in the white.
i've never shot it. it also has been laying around a few years.

everything else is pretty much T/C stuff.
this was a field gun, but for the moment i'm almost afriad to leave the house with it.
i'm sure the first snowy day we get, will find it at the range though.

Real nice. Im thinking fullstock with a 36", how did that 32" work for you? (balence) Fred :hatsoff:

i shot it with the T/C hawkens stock for years, and everything seemed fine.
i've not yet had it out in this form, but the balance point is just forward of the hindsight. it also seems to come to shoulder nicely.

Brain,

Nice looking rifle. I'm sure you'll end up shooting it as much as you did before the makeover. :thumbsup: GW

Really nice job, can we see the muzzle end of it? Also are you going to buff out the casting marks on the lock or leave it as is?

Man you got me ready to call up Dick and order one of their stocks for my TC.

Who told me about this site anyway? I think he should be helping fund my addiction! You guys are all bad influences. :rotf:

B

Looks pretty good to me, but with the lock, stock and barrel replaced, how do you call it a T/C?

brain said:
finished this up this afternoon.
lockstockbarrel.JPG

lock.JPG

i had been ''working'' on this for the last 4 years :bull: ok so there has'nt been that much work taking place that last 3....

it's a green mt 32'' .50 cal rb barrel. that i browned with laurel mt's solution.
i've read lately that gm is alittle lite on the quality control???? i've had this one for almost 5 years and it puts the balls where i want them. it has several hundred, if not thousand shots through it.

lock is a rpl that i'm letting in the white.
i've never shot it. it also has been laying around a few years.

everything else is pretty much T/C stuff.this was a field gun, but for the moment i'm almost afriad to leave the house with it.
i'm sure the first snowy day we get, will find it at the range though.
and that would be what:confused: ? The trigger and brass? :rotf: Just funnin with ya. Looks real nice

Josh

Billy Lo said:
Really nice job, can we see the muzzle end of it? Also are you going to buff out the casting marks on the lock or leave it as is?

B

nope, lock is staying just the way it is.

Not knocking it, that matte gray looks good and will age nicely. I've got one on the way for my .62 cal T/C build.

Great job.

Billy

Wow, nice gun. I'm really liking those Pecatonica stocks more and more. Thanks for the pics. :)

captaincaveman said:
and that would be what:confused: ? The trigger and brass? :rotf: Just funnin with ya. Looks real nice

Josh

and the tang, you forgot the tang, so yeah it has quite a few t/c parts left on it :haha:

Back