• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Antelope... Sort of

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longcruise

70 Cal.
Reaction score
Recently I and a grandson set out on a ML antelope Hunt. Between us we put on eight stalks with several just short of closing the distance but not quite.

Nice camp with good weather. First year of big game for Nick. He made a good shot on a trotting coyote at about 40 yards.

IMG_20150927_093809551_zpsb03rttuu.jpg

Way to go Grandpa.
Carry that picture with you, ranchers will invite you in for a cup of coffee and you will get info on the latest pronghorn movements. If you haven't done that already

Kid is happy? Wants to go again?

He loves to hunt and has waited a long time for his first big game season.

He was able to hunt ML deer with me one day but we were not able to pull off a shot.

Tell us about that boys rifle please.

The rifle is a .50 Traditions Deer Hunter that I put together from a kit. It is actually my wife's (his grammas) rifle.

This is the same rifle that I used to take my deer this year. The picture below was in another thread about "the little .50". "Little .50" is how it's known in the family, given it's light weight and short 24" barrel.

The stock is finished with Tru Oil and no stain. The barrel and lock are "french grey" using the naval jelly method. It's overdue for a refinish on the metal. It's getting some stains here and there.

IMG_20150914_183645815_zpsjgcua18t.jpg

Thank you all for the great positive response. Getting my grand kids (7 of em) out with guns, bows and fishing rods seems to have become my primary purpose in life.

Sounds like you guys had fun! Congrats to him on the coyote! :hatsoff:

It was a bit far back and the yote rolled end over end and made it into the draw behind them. Took a bit of looking but we found him.

A good opportunity for him to learn about the things that can go wrong on an animal in motion.

When my kid got old enough to shoot and hunt my hunting took a back seat.... sort of hahaha, got to get the ones you love behind a gun stock.
:thumbsup:

Back