• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TRADE Antique Originals for Woodsrunner

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all. I am looking for a plain and simple Kibler Woodsrunner in .54 cal. I offer up these antique original pieces in trade. If you see anything that strikes your fancy, please send me a PM. Detailed pictures, measurements, and descriptions on request. All come with well fitted hickory ramrods for loading along with their 'originals'

From top to bottom:

1. New York style mule ear rifle. I think this is a Joseph Medbury (Rochester, NY) piece that has been re-barreled. Lined by Hoyt. .40 cal, round bottom rifling, 1:48 twist. I have shot this rifle, but not since it has been re-lined. Remnants of a makers mark on the top flat, but not Medburys.

2. Unmarked New York style short rifle. Rifle has been repaired and sanded over the years. J Dana & Co lock (not a conversion). Barrel has been lined. Round ball rifling twist and groove depth. .37 cal. Bore/rifling are excellent, bright and shiny. Shoots GREAT.

3. W.D. Carlton of Woodstock, VT. Game getter .575" smooth bore is mostly bright with some pitting. Staked front and dovetailed rear sight. Action resembles Smith carbine. Made with a US surplus musket barrel. Makers mark stamped on barrel. Shoots GREAT.

4. Nicanor Kendall of Windsor, VT. Underhammer rifle. Round ball twist, .478" bore diameter, shallow grooves. The bore does have some shine, but also some minor pitting, along with some erosion at the muzzle and in the chamber. I have not shot this rifle but it operates like it should. Breechplug is not stuck. .468" round ball mold goes with. Makers mark on top flat has been softened, but is still there and identifiable as Kendall's.

5. Unmarked Ohio/Vincent style rifle. Remington marked barrel on top flat. .333" dia. bore in excellent condition, bright and shiny. Crisp 7 groove round ball rifling. Sights are both dovetailed replacements. Hammer was micro-welded due to shipping damage. Has set triggers but no fly, so no half cock (made this way). This rifle is in great shape. Sharp edges everywhere. I have shot it, and it operates just like it should.

6. David Hall, or D.H. Hilliard of Cornish, NH. Underhammer smooth bore measures .520" Clean bore with good shine and some minor pitting. Strong action. Makers mark is on top of barrel. I think this gun was built for a young person. It has a shorter LOP with an unmodified short barrel. I have shot this gun and it operates just like it should. Wrist has been repaired, but is solid with no flex.

7. This one is COOL! I don't know anything about it. Unmarked box lock rifle. I have not shot it. The bore is a clean .451" with deep groove riflings. The action works like it should. I think this was a young persons rifle as well, with a short LOP. All Iron!

Thanks!!

694430E6-F308-43D8-9E80-B500DF7ABB29.jpeg1AC026E0-D3DE-431E-9523-9821D814027C.jpegB0DDE42A-45BE-4353-94D7-912050C85853.jpeg2099A583-516C-4A7F-9835-9D97EEBD3E63.jpeg

Back