• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Antonio Zoli Harpers Ferry 1803

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old E

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am currently searching for a replacement ramrod for a recently purchased Antonio Zoli Harpers Ferry 1803 Flintlock produced by Navy Arms and wondered if you folks might know a good source. I’ve looked everywhere for some kind of literature as to parts and/or specs and have had no success. So I have no idea what the original rod looked like or what material is was of.

It doesn’t have to be a direct factory replacement or even the “correct” piece. Just something similar to what was originally there and will work as needed. If my measurements are correct I’m thinking 1/4” diameter x 35.25-35.5” length +\- and because it’s a small (weak) diameter I’m guessing made from steel or aluminum?

Any help/advice you can provide for this endeavor will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Old E

Attachments

• IMG_5675.png
    IMG_5675.png
    786 KB · Views: 6
A useful ramrod could be made with a length of 1/4” steel rod with the end capped with a brass tip of 5/16” blended to the rod. A simple lathe job for a hobbyist. The original was made of iron in one piece the tip being larger for a couple of inches for muzzle end.

Back