• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone interested in a eastern PA hunt?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brew

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone interested in joining me for a flintlock only deer hunt in the Delaware State Forest region this coming season?
I am planning a trip between x mass and new years and the wife is insisting that I not hunt alone. My usual hunting partner unfortunately can't make it this year.

It will be a full primitive canvas camp out with a wood stove for heat. Just winter hunting and camping 18th century style.

Cammy guys need not apply.
Cost: Bring some grub and a willingness to hunt em hard

Hello from Germany!

I would enjoy it very much to take part, butit is a bit far and I ahve no tag and licence! :(

Maybe next year!

Regards

Kirrmeister

I would love to, but there are more than a few obstacles in the way such as:
1. no flintlock
2. no traditional garb
3. no job currently
4. not so understanding wife
5. other family obligations

I would if I had more time to gear up. I hunt just North of there in Wayne Co. But I guess I'd be in that cammy guy class. I've always been interested in total primitive hunting but don't know anyone who does. In January I enjoy my Rockies, waxed cotton pants, and wool coat. If your looking for a partner next season I could have time to gear up. I can hunt all day every day, but in the spirit of the hunt I'd like to gear up properly.

If you don't find a partner and still hunt we can exchange numbers if you want in-case you get in a situation and need to get ahold of a fellow flinter close by. Not sure what county of section you hunt on but I live about 30-40 min from Promised Land. Good luck with your hunt, be safe and post some pictures when you get back!

broknaero said:
I hunt just North of there in Wayne Co.
......but I live about 30-40 min from Promised Land.

Where about's do you hunt in Wayne county? I do most of my PA hunting in Wayne county. I spend a lot of time in the Equinunk & Damascus areas.

I will keep you in mind. Its not that I have anything against cammy hunters. I am just more interested in making this a period correct hunt than anything else.

I beg to differ. I live an hunt the mountains of Vermont and more often than not I hunt the tops, and I don't use a 4 wheeler to get there.

Mighty Oak said:
Anyone interested in joining me for a flintlock only deer hunt in the Delaware State Forest region this coming season?
I am planning a trip between x mass and new years and the wife is insisting that I not hunt alone. My usual hunting partner unfortunately can't make it this year.

It will be a full primitive canvas camp out with a wood stove for heat. Just winter hunting and camping 18th century style.

I'm working that week this year. What is the deal with primitive camping in PA, is it legal in both state forests and game lands? Good luck and bring a camera so you can share the pics with us.

I'd go in a minute if I could! I lnow oak.., great guy,,but financially and healthwise,wouldn't be a good idea..and Bru........you'd need a 4 wheeler to keep up with Swampy's two wheels! :wink: Good Luck my friend! take pics!! :thumbsup:

Mighty Oak said:
I beg to differ. I live an hunt the mountains of Vermont and more often than not I hunt the tops, and I don't use a 4 wheeler to get there.

My post was a joke that you unfortunately did not get. Sorry about that. I tend to see humor where others may not. :v

Swampy said:
Mighty Oak said:

My post was a joke that you unfortunately did not get. Sorry about that. I tend to see humor where others may not. :v

I tend to see humor where others may not.
:shocked2: OH!!! ain't that the TRUTH! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :surrender:

Its legal in certain areas as long as you get permission before heading out. The State game lands are off limits to camping.

Hey Swampy,
RC filled me in so now I understand your humor and it makes sense. :bow:

yeah, no worries Swampy, I explained you to MiteyO, I had him rollin,............. on the floor before we was thru! :wink:

RC said:
yeah, no worries Swampy, I explained you to MiteyO, I had him rollin,............. on the floor before we was thru! :wink:

Ya ya ya, maybe you should go with him, might see what a deer looks like.... :blah:

Back