• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Aqua Fortis

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don’t do a second coat until you’ve seen the result of the first coat. To see it you must heat after the first coat. Then if you want darker, repeat.
Yes, this definitely makes sense. I will be working on a plain maple stock and I am looking for a dark rich color. I have no experience with this type of staining but I figure that two coats of aqua fortis and some cherry stain applied after the AF, I will get the finish that I am after. I am open to suggestions.

Red maple can go very dark easily with AQF. Sugar maple, less dark and more reddish tones in my experience. Most times a combo of stains like you have planned gives the desired results. Other times I just take whatever the maple stock gives me with AQF.
Thank you Sir for your opinion, I hope to get the woods runner in a week or two.

Back