• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Arkansas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomatobodhi

32 Cal
Reaction score
New member here. I have been reading threads for some time and finally decided to join the conversations.

I have been shooting caplock rifles and pistols for a few years, and I load BP cartridges for my early carbines and SA revolvers. I am just starting to get into flintlock and single shot pistols.

I shoot at paper most of the time, but if I am in the woods chasing deer or tree rats, I most likely have a sidelock in my hands. When people say, “Isn’t that more difficult?” I like to reply: “Maybe, but they are called ‘game’ for a reason. I want to be better, not make the game easier.”

I look forward to participating in the forums and, of course, learning a lot.

..... I like to reply: “Maybe, but they are called ‘game’ for a reason. I want to be better, not make the game easier.”
Great attitude and a challenge to those hunters just sitting in a deer stand waiting for a deer to walk by. It should be more of a challenge, more of a sport, than just who has the highest-powered rifle with the best scope and the most patience. Hunting is, well, hunting, no? There's some actual learned skill involved? Sorry, but shooting a scoped rifle from a deer stand doesn't take that much skill.

(now ducking under cover to avoid brickbats)

Latest posts

Back