• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Armisport Kentucky Charlton Heston NRA Commemorative

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amikee

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello All

I have a opportunity to acquire a .50 caliber Kentucky style percussion rifle made by Armisport(Armi Sport?) which is a Charlot Heston NRA commemorative and has his signature and NRA logo engraved on the patch box. This would be a trade for one of my rifles and I'm not loosing anything. Rifle is new, with papers. It's whatever number out of like 950 or so made.
Any input? Any information? Twist rate maybe?
All I know is that the barrel is 35.25in. Twist would be 1:36? Hmm. Waiting for your knowledge.
Thank You,

Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have any information on that gun but, over the years several companies have made commemorative guns for sale to the public.

There may be more collectors today but several years ago there weren't many who were interested in collecting muzzleloading commemorative rifles or pistols.

This, in effect, made the guns an expensive but interesting item but not worth the extra money that was being originally asked.

With this in mind, if I was considering buying something like this I would consider it a shooter, not a collectable.

Before you shoot it though, you better listen to what others have to say.
Times may have changed and if they have, shooting the gun would definitely reduce its value to a collector.

Thank You Zonie. I'm going to use it, not hang it on the wall. At least, this is the plan. Of course, if it has some collectors value, I would think about it. That's why I'm asking. I read somewhere that Armi kentuckies are at about the same level as CVA or Jukar. And I'm talking percussions, not flint. I know, those flint locks suck. Thank You

From what I know about Charlton Heston, he would be the first to want you to use the rifle for its intended purpose. (Shooting and hunting)

On the other hand, the NRA logo etc. does place the gun in a unique place.

The NRA is very picky about who can and can not use their name and symbol.

To a collector of NRA items it could be quite valuable.

I'm reading on internet that this is to commemorate C.H. when he was a president of NRA, plus being a one good actor it may have some value maybe. I forgot one thing. On patch box by his signature there is an inscription "From my cold dead hands".

I am on a lot of gun forums and from what I hear, these guns are overpriced unless you want it for a collection addition. For a shooter, it would be a conversation piece but I am told on the open market there is very little market for it. That said, I certainly would like to have one if the price was right (for a shooter). Do what your heart tells you. :thumbsup:

I did some research. These currently sell 400-500 bucks. I did trade for something else. But thank You for the info.

Back