• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Autumn sun.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Best time of year I think.
The changing colours and cooling air.
I had a great afternoon scouting.

Got good instant ignition on a squirrel and 30yd rabbit, a young one. That's destined for bread crumbs.
I used#6 shot and 3f powder.

Brit's

I agree, this is the best time of the year, summer's heat and humidity are gone, the trees are changing colors, a great time to be afield.

I'm jealous, our cottontail season doesn't start till November. Thanks for sharing.

This time of year I always say this is the best but, in the spring contrasting winter, I say it's the best but over all I would say Autumn. Fall and spring are so short here, it's like we only have two seasons.

October has always been a favorite month for me...although today it was over 80 degrees F, so more like a summer day! Bowhunted yesterday evening and saw many times more black flies and mosquitoes than deer!!! But it will be back to the low 60's, upper 50's starting tomorrow...perfect! Nothing like just wandering in the woods for small game on days like that, or sitting with bow in hand on a crisp, cooling evening waiting for deer. :thumbsup:

I'm glad it's nice over there but it's in the mid 80s here with 90% humidity. Our cool weather is still about 2 to 3 weeks off if we're lucky.

Nice tender-looking rabbit you have there. :thumbsup:

Congratulations on another successful day afield. I could not agree with you more about Fall being the ideal time of year. It has been surprisingly warm in Tennessee this year, but the evenings are starting to cool off. I love the smell of the woods this time of year with the mast crops ripening and starting to fall. I had eight deer in my yard last evening, (my wife feeds them), three bucks and five does. They have all ready lost their red summer fur and are wearing their gray winter fur. Keep yer powder dry.........robin :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back