• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

availability of powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beartrap

32 Cal.
Reaction score
hello everyone, i am just wondering how the availibility of powder and flints are in the states, here in northern b.c. they are hard to come by and im wondering if it would be wise to stock up,i have no one here to help me out as i am the only flint shooter within 200 miles but lately i seem to have a lot of people interested as our gun laws are real s@#$#@ed up, all we can legally own without registering is flintlocks, this is fine with me i am a trapper and hunting guide and spend a little over half of every year in the bush and i shoot .54 GPR with L&R lock which i feel is adequate, in the last 3 years i have had to shoot 2 grizzlies that were both very dangerous bears coming into camp after beaver carcasses in the spring and would not be scared away so i shot them 1 big and the other a 3 year old 1 shot each{THANK GOD} but very dangerous this is why i would like a bigger barrel for my lyman gpr if someone out there could help me it would be appreciated the sooner the better as i leave for spring beaver trapping april 10 but maybe sooner this year as it is very warm this spring.

THANK YOU for your time.

P.S. it sure takes a long time to type a letter using just 1 finger as i have never typed before

Good luck with the trapping, I've never done any springtime trapping, wouldn't know where to start.
U.S. regulations on shipping and storage of black powder has pushed most retailers into the "substitutes" only. To get "real" black powder without having to drive 200 miles I had to order a case of 25 cans, which I split with a friend. The hazardous material shipping fee makes it not very economical to order less than a case.
They haven't yet placed a hazardous material charge on shipping flints, so we get them reasonably priced by mail from Track-of-the-Wolf or many other sources.
As to larger caliber barrel for your GPR, I don't know, .54 is as large as they usually build in 15/16" diameter rifles. One can get smoothbores up to 20ga. in 15/16 but I don't know of any "drop-in" barrels larger than .54.
Good luck with the griz!! :redthumb:

Latest posts

Back