• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Back in 60's two contractors invited me to quail hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
At their lease, along the Red river in Oklahoma, they uncased Browning superposed 12's while I revealed my Belgian made side-by-side 20 muzzle loader. Quick story. By noon I had my limit down. Each of them had a couple of birds. Great dogs worked very well. When we quit in the evening they still had not limited. A bit disgusted, one of the contractors said to me "I don't know why you put shot in that thing; the smoke woulda killed 'em." I loved that hunt but never got another invite.

I'll add a bit to the story. First covey rise both of them missed. Covey turned back to where I was just finished loading. Only time I ever doubled with that old gun .. but I did. Maybe that was a problem, ya think ;)

Back