• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"Backyard 8" has been in a fight !

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
"Backyard 8" showed up late last night and his left G2 is snapped off right down near the main beam.

The corn was gone so he wandered off into the dark...evidently he was hanging around out of sight...and still in a bad mood...because a doe walked up to to see if there was any corn left and he came running out of the dark to chase her away from HIS corn...they're funny to watch

The rut is on up here. I was on my deck last night at 11pm and rattled a set of sheds I have. Saw Mr 14 pointer trip the neighbor's floodlights.Been seeing him for the last 4 years too. Saw him for only a few seconds. Funny how I only see these guys during the rut and at night. They stay well hidden the rest of the year while the does and skippers are out and about at all hours.

bucktales said:
Saw him for only a few seconds. Funny how I only see these guys during the rut and at night. They stay well hidden the rest of the year while the does and skippers are out and about at all hours.

That's why there aren't may old does and skippers :grin:

Interesting article from Wildlife Department's in the last issue of Petersen's Hunting magazine on baiting and/or food plots.

One of the points made was that those who bait year round actually create a situation where the deer come to know it's always there and don't even bother going to it much during daylight hours...mainly visit at night and trends in trail cam photos support that...showing the occasional monster buck that nobody knew was around...your sighting of that one there is somewhat of a rarity...and as you said, even at that it was almost midnight. They are interesting and enjoyable to deal with for sure.

My wife was up an hour after I went to bed last night and said she saw that "Backyard 8" had actually laid down just outside the fringe of the floodlight coverage and was just laying there chewing his cud...

Did you look and see if there`s a horn stuck in your bumper. :haha:
Wife wants too know what a skipper is? :hmm:

Skipper is a fawn up to a year old. Hunted Northern New England for years and that's what they call them there and the name stuck. :grin:

Back