• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bag molds

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaffinles

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Has anyone used the round ball bag molds sold by Track of the Wolf. I've searched the internet for bag molds and Track is the only one that sells a bag mold.
Are the others that sells?

I have had a Rapine .735 for my Bess for 15 years. Very servicable if you are doing a demonstration and will only run about 10 balls. It heats too fast for a production run.

I cast all the balls for my muzzleloaders in a Rapine bag mold. I cast 15 or 20 in an evening...if I need 100 I just cast 5 evenings straight!

I bought one from track in .710 for my smooth bore. I wrap the handles in leather and cast up 50 balls. All I can say is it did what I wanted it to do, I am happy with it. The price wasn't bad. I used a lee 20# bottom pour pot. Mark

I have and use a .50 cal Rapine bag mould for my rock lock. It is very theraputic sitting around the fire in the lodge running a dozen balls or so. I'm currently looking for a .600 for a smoothe bore I'm building.

I too was wondering about those offered by TOW. I know the Rapine models are good, but aside from Mark, haven't heard anyone mention how the TOW models perform. I know you usually get what you pay for, and the TOW model in a lot cheaper than the Rapine models. So I was assuming they weren't much as far as qualily goes.

How about it guys? Anybody use them?

I have two of Track Of the wolfs bag molds.
One in .490 the other in .600. I have not had a chance to use them yet but as soon as I do I will give you a heads up on how they perform.
Deer season ends jan.1st I will have extra time then.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back