• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Barrel for Lyman Great Plains Pistol?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a Lyman GPP kit coming for Christmas. I know in years past spare barrels were available. Anybody sell spare barrels now? I would like to get one to bore out to a larger smoothbore.

Lyman used to list spare parts on their website, although I have not checked recently. I seem to remember a drop-down menu keyed to the part numbers on an exploded diagram. It would be worth checking.

Dixie carries spare parts for some production guns. I don't know about that one, though.

I have a Lyman Plains Pistol in .50 caliber. I've been thinking of having it bored out to .550", which would be a tru 28 gauge, so pre-cut wads and shotgun cleaning tools (jags, brushes, etc.) will fit. I keep talking myself out of it, though.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob

Back