• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Barrel help with a stock.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StuartEllis

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a nice stock from my first muzzleloader. It was a percussion and I believe a Hawken, although I can't be sure. I bought it about 13 years ago or so. The barrel got busted, and is not available. I took the stock to a local gun shop and was told there was no way, in fact they couldn't tell me what the gun was from I have heard it was from a CSA? Here is the link to the picture. I have more pics also. Your help is greatly appreciated from this humble greenie... :bow:
IMG_2139.JPG

looks like a stock for a cva mountin rifle. know real way to tell unless I see the barrel. do you still have the barrel? if so post what it says on it that way we can maybe help you out a little more on it.

I believe you may be right. Unfortunately don't have the barrel. Reason I say you may be right is the gun shop I took it to said it was a CVA mountain rifle come to think of it. Your post jogged my memmory on that one! Funny thing is they said there was no way to get a barrle for it. That I don't understand. What do you think, and maybe some manufactuters to contact?

CVA Mountain Rifle! Contact Deer Creek Products, 6989 E Michigan Rd. Waldron, IN 46182, Phone 765-525-6181! They carry CVA Parts and they do not have a website so you will have to call them! Also check the auction sites.

Yep, Deer Creek should have all the parts you need. I bought a new barrel and Trigger guard for one 2 years ago.

Want to thank you both about Deer Creek. They do have a new barrel in stock and a pretty good price also. Also wanted to thank you guys for not poking fun at me for not really knowing much about squat when it came to the gun. I'm a newbee and used to fire it some time ago. Looking to learn what I forgot and get more back into it. I currently have a 50 cal Thompson Center Hawken 25th anniversary that my wife got me for Christmas.

Back