• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bear Hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'll try to be short. Black powder bear hunt two weeks in Idaho. No bear. Mother-in-law and Father-in-law came for Sunday drive up towards Bear [small village]. As we passed a defunct school house with a few old apple trees in the yard, there was my bear picking apples. I had no weapon so I jumped out and picked up a handful of rocks. Chased that little fella out of the apple orchard, up a small hill. He turned and said woof several times, but kept retreating. My wife and her mother were screaming "you're gonna get killed." Pretty stupid I know, but where was that bear when I had a gun? :doh:

Back