• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bears, Birds, and Fog

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grndhntr

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a bear tag that I still have a few days to play with so I got out today and hiked about 12 miles in the mountains. Kinda unusual for Colorado, but it was very foggy all day.
IMG_0012.jpg

I would hike a ways and then call, using a fawn bleat to try to bring in a bruin.
IMG_0016.jpg

Didn't find a bear, but I did call in a coyote (didn't get a shot) and I found a cooperative grouse (note to self: .50 cal with 80 gr. of powder is plenty for grouse). No bear meat today but the larder got some meat at least.
IMG_0022-1.jpg

I am a fortunate man, but do have to say that I envy you. You are living a dream. Good luck.

Jay, I have called in a couple bears in the past (including one that I called in and shot with a bow at 3 yds.), but I have been unable to call one in this year. The season ends tomorrow and I won't be able to get back out, so I won't get a bear this year. Very fun to hunt in the fog, though.

Back