• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Belt knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesG

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I forged this knife from a piece of steel , not for shure was it is.Thought I might show you i still kicking.I am trying to get the knife smaller.I need to work on still.

Handle -Osage flamed toasted
Finish- Linseed oil while the wood was still hot from toasting Then two thin coats of tru oil
ferrul- solder
Blade- high carbon

Picture3298.jpg

Picture3300.jpg

Nice one. I especially like the handle. I love Osage Orange wood. It burns very well. Take it from me.... do not attempt an osage orange pipe, it will not work well. :haha: I imagine figured osage orange would be something special.

Bill there is acouple hammer rashes on the blade,It wanted to fight me doing the quanching. The tang is 3 to 5 inch long. Thanks for the nice words all.

That's a great looking knife. Maybe needs some OJT up here in CO. :haha:
I remember the first time I cut into some osage with my chain saw. I 'bout had a heart attack when I saw how yellow it was! I'd never seen anything like it out here.

I was visiting my brother at thanksgiving.He asked us to bring the chain saw. My brother lives in a new house development. They scraped some big tree off and just stacked in the back.The first piece he cut throw he cut turn the chainsaw and tested the wood to see if it was dry.I was danceing a jigg telling him the osage. Needles to say I did not to get to take alot home since the truck bed was full. Thanks for the nice words all.

Back