• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Best GPR percussion kit prices

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's pretty weird. I passed through the shopping cart and checkout to see what I could learn and, from what I can tell, it is Wolfe Publishing that is selling the rifles themselves! They have been around since at least the early 80's - I used to get "Handloader" from them way back when.

Wonder if I just bought a GPR?

I've got one on order through Wolfe. Ordered it on 4/12 and still on backorder. Funny this thread is here as I was planning on posting tonight to see if anyone else is having trouble getting a GPR kit. Midway has them listed as "special order - 30 days"and want around $325( I think) for their kits. Dixie is around $320.

LEJ,
Where is the Rifle link?

Years ago I bought a GPR LH Flint from a place called D&R Sportscenter, the last time I looked they had a website though it was a little hard to navigate. I still get their catalog every year and they have some good prices on a lot of stuff such as optics. At the time they had the best prices I could find on Lyman guns, including kits. The last time I looked they were still cheapest. The customer service was great. I would check these people out if you are in the market for a GPR.

FYI I called up D&R Sportscenter to see if they had any GPR kits. Long story short, D&R is the company that Wolfe contracts with to sell the GPRs on Wolfe's website.

Good news is my kit is shipping today!!!!! :)

I can not wait to get started on it!!!!!

Kyjames - did you get your kit yet? I ordered a .54 caliber the very next day. I called D&R yesterday to see if I could get a tracking number - long story short, out of stock - should be in and shipped by the 14th. ( would have appreciated an courtesy email saying there would be a delay :: )

Although that is a great price, and I always wanted one I have to tell myself NO! :no: I have kind of went wild with rifles, barrels, projectiles, and powder so far this year. I have to behave myself. :( Now of course I will toss and turn all night thinking about a GPR in flint.

thanks a lot fellows.

Yes! I received it on Friday May 7th. Sorry it took so long to get back with you but I've been at a conference for work and did not have time to check the web.
The Kit looks good but the barrel hook and tang came a little loose fitting. I'm going to assemble the kit as is, check the accuracy and then see if something might need to be done.

Latest posts

Back