• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Big Surprise at my Lease

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was very surprised when viewing trail cam photos to see a Bull Moose trekking through our valley. For those of you not from Minnesota, I'm at the far south end and moose are at the north end of a long North-South state! He's hundreds of miles from home...extremely rare. I'd have been far less surprised to see a Black Bear or Mountain Lion, both of which are uncommon, but not unheard of now-a-days in the southern part of the state.

He was making tracks...the first picture was at 7:55AM. Twelve minutes later he was 1/3 of a mile away in another plot and still moving.

I can now confidently say that I have the biggest deer in the world on my lease! :grin:

I suppose I have to pass on him, though, should he come through when I have a flintlock in hand!

BTW...these links take you to my Flickr site for the lease where all pictures are shared, so if you're in the mood, feel free to browse and enjoy the beauty of SE Minnesota!

Tipper T Plot 101214 BULL MOOSE by fillmorelease

Middle Plot 101214 Moose 2 by fillmorelease

Back