• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

BIG Thanks & GM Barrel vent liners

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntsman247

40 Cal.
Reaction score
First off a BIG THANK YOU to all that have been of help to me here, and to alot of others for the informative topics. I never thought I would go flint (percussion for about 20 years now) but after being on this site for a comparatively short time I am making an attempt at flint; parts are supposed to arrive next Tuesday. My question is how are the vent liners that come with the GM barrels, are they satisfactory or will they need reworked or replaced? What size thread are the GM vent liners? Any suggestions? THANKS ALL

huntsman247 said:
My question is how are the vent liners that come with the GM barrels, are they satisfactory or will they need reworked or replaced? What size thread are the GM vent liners? Any suggestions?
The only GM Flint barrels I can personally speak to are those made as drop-ins for TC Hawkens & Renegades...have a few of them...and the first thing I do is unscrew the GM vent liner and throw it away...then install one of TC's new redesigned liners, they are 1/4" x 28

Roundball is correct, i did the same with improved results over the GM supplied liners.

Latest posts

Back