• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black powder and Bunnies

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayDee Flohr

40 Cal.
Reaction score
After many years of spending way too much time chasing larger game, I went back to basics this past couple months and chased rabbits. I had forgotten how much fun, and good eating this was.

Flintlockbunnies-Copy.jpg

Hard to beat "Fresh" rabbit!

forIW.jpg

:thumbsup: Thanks for the photos and write-up. I just acquired a .56 cal. smoothbore that I hope to use this year for small game, can't wait.

Great looking rifle. Tell us more about it.

I do a lot of hunting but as my wife always says it always comes down to 'taking the gun for a walk'.
Looks like a great day in the woods.
Hunt safely.

ahahahah, those pictures look something like when i go rabbiting with my bow.

cept the spit the rabbits are on is sometimes the arrow that got them(you know, for humor's sake).

quite fun.

Great looking rifle. Tell us more about it.

I'm guessing you are speaking of the percussion rifle.
Long story, short version. The barrel is a very old forge welded, swamped, iron barrel in .51 cal. Somewhere during it's long life it was teamed up with a fowlers stock that had the forarm replaced to accept the barrel. I have artificial sinew where either sinew or rawhide once was.

now, thats a REAL OUTDOORSMAN..

IF ONLY HUNTERS TODAY WOULD ACT THAT WAY AND NOT WORRY ABOUT FILLING ALL THOSE TAGS OR FREEZER.

thanks for pictures

Latest posts

Back