• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black Powder Dealer in FL

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The closest one I am aware of is Buffalo Bill's in Orlando. A lot of folks just order theirs from Powder, Inc. or Track of the Wolf (Track won't deliver less than a case).

Here on the west coast (Venice) my two local suppliers gave it up--too much hassle from Feds. I have about three cans left, after that will order from Powder Inc or others, five or ten cans at a time. I have been thinking about doing it NOW just in case things get worse, but keeping that much around is a PITA (in a condo) Good smoke, Ron

There is a fellow in Vero.

He is a little shop on old dixie Hwy.

Ask around - It is a 300 mile round trip for me.

Might want to check with Porkchop up in Jax.

He is a member here.

CptLeo where in SW FL are you? Maybe we could go together on an order if you are close enough, or maybe there are others in SW FL also. Ron in Venice FL

cptleo said:
There is a fellow in Vero.

He is a little shop on old dixie Hwy.

Cpt Leo - The little gunshop in Vero you are referring to did close a couple of years ago (Tyner's). There is a sporting good store somewhere in the Clearwater/Newport Richey Area that sold blackpowder; someone on this forum posted it a couple of years ago. They sold kayaks, hiking, fishing, camping and hunting gear, etc. As I recall, they were a little high in price, around 18.00/lb for Goex.

You might want to check out the new Gander Mountain store in Lake Mary, Florida. Gander Mountain carries black powder up here in Pennsylvania.

I live in Naples, FL

I will be going to Orlando in about 2 weeks and can pick up what ever powder you need from Buffalo Bills.

There are some club shooters in FT Myers that go up to Sarasota once a month to shoot.

You can go to the NMLA web site and get their contact info and mabey we can get an order some powder together.

There is also a small group of Roundy (SP) guys just north of Sarasota, let me see what I can find out.

This powder thing always gives me grief. I can order the stuff cheaper and easier than driving hundreds of miles and pay 1/3 more -- BUT -- If WE don't support the few local vendors we have, they can't survive.

Keep in touch we can work something out.

FlintlockHunter said:
Dixie Flinter: Looks like you are in my area. Where are finding black? Any Swiss?

A friend passed away and his boys let me have several cans of Goex - which is the brand I shoot. Picked up three lbs. yesterday from a fellow who had it in a storage shed for years (old-style Goex can from the 70s). Just keep my eye out and luck into a little here and there. May eventually end up ordering some. Have not tried Swiss, but have settled on Goex 3f for my .36 and .54 flintlocks. Clean burning and accurate in these rifles.

Do you shoot up at the Sebastian Range?

DixieFlinter: I also use 3F Goex for the .54 and under crowd. I am not one for swabbing the bore after each shot. The 2F has been fine for .62 up. I just don't want to miss out if there is something better now that I am at the point of needing what amounts to an order. I have shot at that range. It is a really nice set up.

Back