• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black Powder Prices at NMLRA Western National Shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LFC

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Just for what it's worth, I took 3 of my kids to the last day of the NMLRA Western National Shoot out in far north Phoenix yesterday. Black powder was (still just barely--they were packing up, as the shoot was winding down) being sold for $12 a pound for GOEX and Scheutzen FFG, and $10 a pound for Alligator/Elephant brand FFFFG from Brazil. The seller was out of Arkansas. By way of comparison, the ONLY regular seller of real black powder in Maricopa County (the Arizona county that includes Phoenix and the other large central-Arizona cities) was selling for $13 a pound, when I last checked a week or so ago.

Sure beats the $32-$40 the local gun shops here charge for Goex - if they ever have any that is. Sure glad I can get mine from my local freetrappers group for $10-12.

at the gun shops it is 16.00, goex and swiss, I buy goex. Hope to go to teutopolis show in a couple of weeks and hope it is cheap.

Sellers name is Don, is from Arkansas, I have his card, as he ships case lot year round. Not as CHEAP as in PHX, but he is a good man to deal with.

Anyone wanting contact info. PM me. :wink:

You pay WHAT(?!!) for GOEX? :shocked2: I pay about $12/lb and $18/lb. for Swiss. Sounds like you need to get some buds together and split an order from Maine Powder House. :wink:

-Ray

I don't pay their high prices. As I said, I get mine from my local reenactment group 2-4 pounds at a time as cheap or cheaper than if ordered by the case from most mail order suppliers.

I shoot Scheutzen cause thats what the local club gets but I'm only payin' $9.00 a pound for this lot, the price will probably go up on the next shipment. The price goes about $1.00 a pound every time we reorder. but for now I'm sittin' pretty :thumbsup: Got 3lb ffg 1 1/2lb fffg and 1lb ffffg in my coffers & will probably get a couple more lbs before the price goes up.

Back