• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bloodied My GPR

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mongo40

40 Cal.
Reaction score
My GPR took its first deer last Wednesday afternoon an administered the Coup-De-Grace on a nice Wild Hog.
Ran down to the family farm after work Wednesday as it had cooled off an the wind was out of the North for once which helps hunting our place cause the deer come from the North onto our farm, My father showed up an went an got in my brothers stand West of me an I got in a stand straight east of my father, had been setting there for about an hour when my father shot to the west which goes down hill to a creek. He stayed in his stand an right before it got to dark to see with iron sights I heard a noise behind me an looked to my right an there was a pair of twin bucks walking the fence line, they got down about 50yrds from me an I could see they were both nice, the first one jumped the fence an started heading South then stopped to look an thats when I squeezed one off with the .54, he wobbled some then dropped in his tracks never took another step, not bad for a patched round ball on top of 100grains of Goex. the ball was right under the skin on the opposite shoulder. My father showed up an he had shot a hog down by the creek so after we loaded the deer up we went to get the hog, got down in the brush and he weren't dead, couldn't get up but was kicking up a storm, grabbed a hind leg an got a rope around him an pulled him out in the open then I went back an got my rifle and dispatched of him right away so we could get him out of there, pretty fun night all in all.
Deer was a nice 8 point but if you look under the eye guard you'll see another little sticker, weighted around 142

Deerblackpowder2011.jpg

Hog was a nice one to a mature old boar, bottom tusk was about the size of my thumb an really worn off he was around 250lbs

hogblackpowder2011.jpg

Congrats on the deer hunt.

Between the deer and the pork you have the main ingredients to make summer sausage.

LoL! Everything is good with a slice of bacon around it. :)

Good hunting! :hatsoff:

Did you save the RB? If so lets see it...

Back