• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bluegrouse camp 2014

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackley

40 Cal.
Reaction score

This was my primitive camp for blue grouse 2014. Stayed here 4 days got 7 blues. Don't know why I don't have a pic of them or the dog. Camp is in the Big Horn Mnts. at 8800ft. Using an original JC Grubb percussion 16 ga. Hunting blues with a dog is as tough of hunting as I've ever done. The dog goes everywhere and expects you to follow her up and down. I couldn't figure out how to post 2 pics here so I'll have to add 2015 camp pics.

Have done a lot of ruffed grouse hunting w/ setters and w/o. Prefer hunting w/ a dog, but was surprised when elk hunting in Colorado that the blue grouse could be walked up to and were hesitant to flush. Magnificent birds and larger than the ruffed variety. Should have concentrated on blue grouse seeing the "scenery" is splendid.... although elevated. Nice pics.....Fred

I like the Bighorns, pretty mountains and once on top it's a lot easier going.
I missed a big 7 pt. elk there many years ago. My kids made their first snowman up there too. Good times.

You two guys are some lucky guys, what a beautiful place to camp and hunt. How many you get doesn't matter, it's the great experience you had there. both camps are just fabulous.

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: It doesn't get any better than this, the two camps are great. Peace and quiet, the company of a good dog and just enjoying nature. I'm envious of the experience.

thanks for sharing :)

Back