• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Blunderbuss

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTB a blunderbuss. I’ve wanted to try one for years. Repro, custom, or original all considered but must be in sound shootable condition.

Can pay up to $4000 depending on example. Thanks!!
MIdway USA has a flintlock Blunderbuss on sale right now . Dont know what kind you are looking for but its an option
WTB a blunderbuss. I’ve wanted to try one for years. Repro, custom, or original all considered but must be in sound shootable condition.

Can pay up to $4000 depending on example. Thanks!!

I'm sure that you're aware but Traditions had/has a kit Blunderbuss. I bought one during lockdown and it turned out pretty well I thought. Had never done a kit gun before and I'm not much for woodworking. I make a pretty good fire and that's about it.

Attachments

• 20201107_175532.jpg
    20201107_175532.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
If you have that kind of money for a gun, get it custom made to your specs.

Ma’am,

Therein lies the rub. Very few seem to build blunderbusses and the main issue is proper barrels are very hard to find. Vetted builders with good reputations typically have a backlog of work that is in the years.

Trust me, I’ve tried to find a custom maker but it is easier said than done.

Last edited:
I'm sure that you're aware but Traditions had/has a kit Blunderbuss. I bought one during lockdown and it turned out pretty well I thought. Had never done a kit gun before and I'm not much for woodworking. I make a pretty good fire and that's about it.

The only issue is I don’t really trust the long term reliability of Traditions as well as those are only .54 calibers, very small bore for a proper buss.

The only issue is I don’t really trust the long term reliability of Traditions as well as those are only .54 calibers, very small bore for a proper buss.
I have one and it is a pretty spiffy gun. For the price it is not a bad deal. While it has a percussion lock instead of a proper flintlock and it is a small for a blunderbuss it takes the edge off of the need for a blunderbuss and the low price mean you can sock away most of that money you have available for the day you find what you really want.
And if you are any good at intuitive shooting it will blast a bird real nice. I use a ball and shot load. (a few F shot which are .22 and a bit of 7.5)

Back