• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Boar Mount

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kapow

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Last year in April I shot a really nice boar with my Lyman. This week I picked up the mount from the taxidermist. Very happy with his work and glad I got him done. I had hunted the area for many years and he was the only decent pig I got the drop on. Thought I would share a pic with you guys. Before and after...

Those are some long cutters on that boar hog.
It seems the taxidermists around here pull the cutters out of the socket about an inch or so to make them look longer than they were. Yours didn't make them "grow" much, if any. :thumbsup:

Every house needs a big ugly pig mount in it. Unfortunatly for me mines stuck in the garage because the wife hates it

**** 'ook Hog Mate! I spent some time in 1966 with the Aussie 1st Royal Australian Regiment (RAR) outside of Bien Hoa Air Base. Good Blokes and excellent soldiers. Drank my share of Fosters in the Pisser with the Mates.

Thanks guys, he was a real old warrior. The tusks are as they were when he fell. The grind goes all the way to the gum line so no cheating. I may never see another mountain boar like him. I know there are others like him and even bigger out there so it won't stop me trying.

Something like that could give a guy nightmares :shocked2:
How did he taste? I haven't tried any ham from one that old.
Ed

I wouldn't eat an old boar like that. He was devoured by crows, eagles and foxes.

Why did ya have him dyed black? :rotf: Looks alot darker than in the field? Huge piggy though. What was the weight? I wouldn't mind a hog hunt, all we have is javalina here an they look piggy but I hear are really of the rodent family?

As luck would have it the farmer had a set of livestock scales and he was 114kg exactly which is a hefty boar. The benchmark of a good pig is 100kg. Even on the wall he looks big and tough. I would not want to mess with him. He would rip you a new one for sure.

I got the shot on video and just watching his behaviour towards the other pigs he was definitely the boss hog. I tried to upload the video to photo bucket but couldn't do it.

Like most piggies he was muddy and the photo was taken in the golden sunlight of the sunset. He also died on the edge of a dam so may have been a bit wet. The mount is his natural colour. He will look great next to my warthog mounts.

Latest posts

Back