• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bob Paris guns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jernestc

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anybody have a gun made by Bob Paris or a gun with a barrel or other parts made by him? I just got a swivelbreech with .50 cal. barrels 38" long, one rifled and one smooth. The action and barrels are by Paris.
I'd like to hear about how nice your guns are, esp. swivelbreeches.
Thanks

Bob Paris was the precursor of Getz barrels. The Getz brothers bought the business in the early 80's. Don Getz took over eventually by himself and has since retired and the business now is run by his son John. If you see a Bivins rifle made in the mid to late 70's, it will have a Paris barell.

I finally took some pictures of the gun. I was fascinated to see a Nicholas Hawke swivelbreech at the Artisan's show in Lewisburg. My gun appears to have been copied after it. It's a Paris action and barrels. Barrels are 38" long, tapered, 50 cal., one rifled and one smooth. Gun was built by(IIRC)Bill Sholly in York Co. Not sure when but I'd guess 15-30? yrs. ago.
flintersjan-11020.jpg
[/img]
flintersjan-11015.jpg
[/img]
flintersjan-11021.jpg
[/img]
flintersjan-11016.jpg
[/img] a
flintersjan-11018.jpg
flintersjan-11017.jpg
[/img]
flintersjan-11019.jpg