• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bowie for a friend.......

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Built this rig for a friend who was called back to service after 9/11...after 37 years in SF, doing his duty all around the world, most recently in the Sand Box, I figured I owed him a big one........

st-george-001.jpg

st-george-002.jpg

He's an Indian Wars re-enactor (his great grand daddy was a cavalry man who fought back then)so I built this one with that in mind.....
I used a hand forged 6" blade made by my late partner in crime, bladesmith, Gib Guignard (RIP you Old Fart....) - it was forged from an old wagon spring I collected many moons ago along the Oregon Trail in southern Wyoming and was finished up by me.
The handle is elk antler. The guard and buttcap I forged from a piece of wagon wheel collected near the site of the Fetterman fight along the Bozeman trail in north central Wyoming. The "ferrules" are poured pewter.
The sheath is buffalo rawhide with a brain tan deerskin cuff. The beadwork, done in the Crow style (the Crow were scouts for the US Cavalry during that period), was mostly done by my better half, Linda, with me doing some of it as well as the rest of the deco.
Anyway I thought ya'll would enjoy the look see.....and if you feel like it maybe could say a prayer or whatever for all of our soldiers......

WOW! That's really a fine rig Chuck. I especially like the historic material you put into it. It gives it real Mojo :thumbsup:

I'm sure your friend will wear it proudly. :hatsoff:

Gray Wolf, That is a fine looking knife and sheath. Your pal should certainly feel honored. Le Grand

Thats one beautomus knife amigo! :shocked2: One that befits one of our country's heroes!

May God bless your friend and keep safe ALL our folks standing in harms way so that the rest of us can sleep safely at night! :hatsoff:

Davy

Gray wolf that is one fine looking rig. Ive only put together one the first Bowie short 9" blade thing, I think if it was me going Id be useing something like Bagwells "Hells Bells" ya bleed out fast when hit by a a few pounds of 16" Bowie, then again a machet will do it to. Fred :hatsoff:

Gray Wolf,
OUTSTANDING piece of work, as
usual from you. :bow:
snake-eyes :applause: :hatsoff:

Gray Wolf it's wonderfull looks like you did your friend real good . I'am sure he will cherish it and I hope returns safely

:hatsoff: Very nice. All servicemen love knifes, especially SF. He will love it, I'm sure. :bow:

It fills my heart with joy, seeing the support and generosity that is given to our troops.
You can bet he will treasure that. Not only because it is a one of a kind, handmade, work of art... But because it was made with friendship and respect for service to country.
God Bless You.
Mike

Howdy -
Glad ya''ll enjoyed the look see and Col Bob loves his rig, which is the most important part of all.......just glad we have lots like him still out there ready and willing......

Back