• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

BP Shotgun barrel for TC Hawkins

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcdflint

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone make a black powder shotgun barrel for the T C Hawkins?????? Just a thought of shooting some pellets out of it! jeff :youcrazy:

I got a 12 ga. from navy Arms a few yrs. ago, not sure if they still have them. Nice barrel, drop in fit, chromed lined, was cheap, about $50 as I recall, half oct. half round.

My Hawkins is 15/16"(50 cal.). Renigade is 1" (54 cal.)

Green Mountain makes a 1" .62cal/.20ga smoothbore drop in barrel for the Hawken/Renegade 1" stocks...I have one on a .54cal Hawken stock and it does great.

Check GM's website...they might also make some kind of a 15/16" smoothbore drop in barrel for the 15/16" Hawken stock

I had a 12g smoothbore for my TC hawkin. It didnt have the right FEEL for a scattergun and the set triggers were a problem for me. just something for you to think about.

Hi jcdflint,

Yes, I have the 1" GM drop-in .62 smoothie barrel mounted in a T/C renegade stock. It took a little inletting to fit exactly as I wanted but not much. It performs wonderfully with shot. With just a little tweeking, I use Roundball's formula for a paper shot cup, wonder wads and #6 shot. I have given the squirrels fits with it and even made a few modern shotgunners jealous.

I am very confident with it as I intend to go get a turkey with it this spring.

It also shoots roundballs decent out to 50 yards,

DanL

Back