• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Buckeye Barrels is now Open!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barbie

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Well, its finally official - I'm the owner of the newest barrel company in the market Buckeye Barrels, LLC. :applause: Although, I'm not really making the barrels. After much discussion and brain storming between myself, Dad and LC Rice, we concluded that for Rice to be able to keep the business going, and not kill himself in the process, it would be best to let someone else take orders and answer the phones for them. Well, that thought progressed into more discussions and before I knew it I found myself in the barrel business.

So I have open Buckeye Barrels, LLC. I will be an exclusive distributors of Rice barrels. Rice will no longer be taking orders directly, but instead will be supplying me with an endless stream of barrels to sell to all ya'll out there! Yeh, I know endless stream is a little far fetched, but hopefully they will be able to really get the barrels moving now that they won't have to be on the phone all day and e-mail all night. (Not saying anything about LC's habit of being chatty! :yakyak:)

I will be carrying most of the barrel styles that Rice makes along with all the barrels that we use in the Chambers kits. Oh, and no I haven't quit my day job with Dad, just added this one as a night job. Ugg! :: I will be carrying barrels from Rice, Getz, Long Hammock and Rayl. However, for now, I will only carry the styles that fit the Chambers kits from all the makers except Rice.

I'm hoping that having this new company will help speed up the delivery time for not only my kit customers, but every one else as well. Please bear with me though as I try to build up an inventory. With all the makers on back order already, it may take a little time before I have a large surplus.

As far as where I'm located - I've rented a wall from Dad here in the shop, so our phone numbers and address are all the same. This will help make it easier to order Chambers kits, as well as just barrels. Although I have a feeling I'm going to have to add a little bribe money to get Dad to take orders for me if I'm not in the shop. :winking:

So, Buckeye Barrels LLC is underway. Thanks to everyone for all the support!

Barbie Chambers
(828) 667-8361
[email protected]

Dang, Barbie, whyed you go and call it Buckeye. Us Michiganders might just have a hard time dealing with something named after an Ohio Nut. :crackup: Best of luck, and I'll try and overlook the name.

Well, once I get the drawing done of the buck's head with a muzzleloader silhouette in his eye you'll get it. For sure it's not for the Ohio State fans since I'm still holding a grudge from when they took out my NC State in football guys year before last! :p And of course I couldn't call it Barbie's Barrels because that would just lead me to describe them as 'cute little things' and I've been told many times over to never describe anything gun related in those terms! :crackup: In all truth though, the Chambers compound - estate - clan (take you pick on the description) is located in Buckeye Hollar (that's Hollow for those non-southern folk). Thus the name just fell into place.

Dang, Barbie, whyed you go and call it Buckeye. Us Michiganders might just have a hard time dealing with something named after an Ohio Nut. :crackup: Best of luck, and I'll try and overlook the name.

Bill, the answer is simple: there are NO nuts in Michigan, there all here......errr.....waite a second....that doesn't sound too good does it?

Sounds like a good excuse to 'vous a lot more!!! Good luck and I hope you will let us know if a web site is in the future?

Barbie: Congratulations on your new found job!! It sounds like you've managed to find a way to use up all of that free time you had.
You know, that time you were just wasting by sleeping and eating. :: ::

So, am I reading your first post correctly? That is to say, is LC going to stop making custom barrels with modified twists, lengths and styles of swamping unless they are currently offered by your dad in his kits?

Now that I have the Owners attention, do you have any thoughts about making Smooth Rifle Barrels?
I realize this is not a question about your current production, but it could be something to think about in the future. Then again, I don't know if the demand would justify messing with it, but as you know, there are a few builders who wish to be "totally PC" especially when "recreating" a existing gun which happens to be smooth bored. (I am not among them).

Good Luck with your new venture!!
:) :)

Congratulations Barbie, I think it's a great name! Let's see...3-1 against that School up North...a National Title, under Jim Tressel. I LIKE IT!! :eek:ff:
(LOL) No offence guys!

Hello Barbie,
Congratulations and Good Luck on your business. Tell your dad thanks for giving you an opportunity like this. I envy him. Hopefully we will get a chance to meet you at Dixon's this summer.
Later
Zman

Barbie: Congratulations on your new found job!! It sounds like you've managed to find a way to use up all of that free time you had.
You know, that time you were just wasting by sleeping and eating. :: ::

So, am I reading your first post correctly? That is to say, is LC going to stop making custom barrels with modified twists, lengths and styles of swamping unless they are currently offered by your dad in his kits?

Now that I have the Owners attention, do you have any thoughts about making Smooth Rifle Barrels?
I realize this is not a question about your current production, but it could be something to think about in the future. Then again, I don't know if the demand would justify messing with it, but as you know, there are a few builders who wish to be "totally PC" especially when "recreating" a existing gun which happens to be smooth bored. (I am not among them).

Good Luck with your new venture!!
:) :)

You're halfway correct. LC is stopping making custom barrels. However he will continue to make everything he has listed in his catalog (see his website - www.ricebarrels.com) and I will carry them. You do have the option to change twist, but at a nominal fee of course and probably a little longer wait time.

Since I am his distributor I will carry all Rice barrels, not just the ones that fit Dad's kits. Now as for the Getz, Long Hammock, and Rayl barrels those will be only in the models that fit Dad's kits, but hopefully I'll have a few spare ones that I can sell without the kit attached.

As for smoothbores, you can always get any of the Rice barrels as smoothbores, they just don't rifle them.

Thanks guys!

Congrats Barbie :applause:
Glad you finally broke the news, I was fixxin to bust a gut keeping quite. Will look forward to seeing you and Jim in Houston next weekend. I will passing flyers out at the NMLRA booth. Andy Larson will be bring a hand full on Friday.
Doc Will
Keep Yer Powder Dry
:redthumb:

Back