• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Buddy's First Deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wirehairman

40 Cal.
Reaction score
My main goal this year was to help my best friend (Fabucci on the forums) harvest his first deer since its my fault he has a stack of muzzleloaders and blackpowder shooting supplies now. After five weeks of close calls, missed opportunities, and a few comedies of errors, it came down to the last day and tag filling time. He demonstrated his ability to overcome a steep learning curve by making a perfect stalk on this small muley buck and dumping him with one shot to the boiler room at 68 yards.

BrianBuck.jpg

He also made another perfect shot on a mule deer doe a little later in the day. I couldn't be happier for him or more impressed with his shooting. :bow:

He shoots a .50 caliber TC Hawken with a Green Mountain barrel, and I believe he shoots a .490 roundball over 75 grains of Swiss 3F.

Is that an aftermarket barrel? Looks long and the rifling on a T/C is not the hottest for PRBs. :confused:

-Ray

SimonKenton said:
Is that an aftermarket barrel? Looks long and the rifling on a T/C is not the hottest for PRBs. :confused:

-Ray

It's a GM Barrel...

wirehairman said:
He shoots a .50 caliber TC Hawken with a Green Mountain barrel, and I believe he shoots a .490 roundball over 75 grains of Swiss 3F.

:v

HD

Hello from Germany!

Congrats and Waidmanns Heil from Germany!

Regards

Kirrmeister

Back