• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Buffalo Bullet Company

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koz

36 Cl.
Reaction score
i was out and about in little old gun shop. I found two foam black of 50 cal 385 drain hollow point hollow base lead bullets. I got both for 15 bucks. I got these to shoot out of my David Pederisolli PA long rifle. My rifle has 1/48 twist barrel. I can not find any info on the internet about these rounds, can anyone shed some light on these rounds?

The rounds are pre-lubed and look really nice.

Thanks Koz

I use them in a renegade I have with a fast twist 1-28 GM barrel. They shoot real good. Accurate 70-90gr FFg, kick goes up a lot at 90gr. I load 80gr over an oxyoke wad when I hunt with them.

Years back I got a nearly lifetime supply. There was an Ebay auction with a full box of 720. I won with a bid of $40!. I think shipping was almost as much as my bid. UPS driver was wondering what was so heavy in the box?

I know the company went out of production and were supposed to come back?

The 385s should work well in that 48" twist if they are a snug fit in the bore. I shot some of the 410gr flat base from a 48" TC with a stout load of ffg, and they grouped very well at 100 yards.

Tried some searching for Buffalo bullets, seems October Country still has some in RB and bullet just not any in .50cal.
Ive had .45 HP-HB pack since early 90s and only got to try a few while in Montana. seemed good .

Best I could find is the last known posting in another forum was 2011 about them.
Low volume sales and high prices maybe their downfall, also they were in Calif and making lead bullets now in that state would probably not go well.

Ron Dahlitz, the owner was a terrific fellow. Very helpful.
I think he passed away some years back.
I have some .50 385s hoarded and wish I had more.
The lube dried up and I had to put them in an old pan of boiling water to get it off.
Irish

I still have a few packages. Shot them out of a TC New Englander with a heavy charge 100 or 110 grains Pyrodex RS. always with good results. Only ever recovered one, on the off side just under the skin on a double shoulder shot on a fair sized buck. It was a little bigger than a quarter and just about as flat. I think the heavy charge made them grab the rifling better because it was more accurate than an 80 or 90 grain charge. Never had a deer go more than about 15 feet.

I've shot them in .45 and think I may have a box of .54 as well. I don't find that they're as consistently accurate from my guns as a patched round ball, but for a bullet, they're better than any others I've tried.

I used to shoot those ball-ettes.
They were a pretty good bullet.
The Hornady PA conicals are pretty much the same.
Yes I've used those also, like them in round ball guns with 60 to 80 grain charges. I believe Hornady makes an identical bullet to the 385 HPHB And also something in .54. October Country has .45s.

Back