• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Building a Schuetzen Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billraby

36 Cal.
Reaction score
This is going to be a fun one. It will be a schuetzen rifle. If you don't know, that is the 19th century offhand target competition rifle. These were always percussion rifles. But I like flintlock better so this will be a flintlock rifle. It will get a palm rest and I will be making an adjustable sight from scratch. There are a few things that will make this a very challenging rifle to build. It will get the carving and engraving and all the fancy stuff. I will probably go nuts with it and have a lot of fun. I am doing video of the whole project from beginning to end and going into detail on every step along the way. I will post a new video on Rumble every weekend with a link here. I will be posting videos to Patreon as soon as the editing is finished. So if you want to jump ahead a bit look there. A link to Patreon will be posted in the description of each video on Rumble. If you click on the "Show More" in the description box it will show a sort of table of contents for what is in each video. The last couple gun building series that I did ended up being over 100 videos and 50 to 60 hours total. So you get to see every part of building a gun from beginning to end with detailed explanations of what I am doing. Hopefully you enjoy it and maybe even learn a few little tricks. Check back every weekend for a link to the next video. Here is the first one.

Latest posts

Back