• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Burchwood caseys

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done it with Brownells OXPHO-BLUE - works ok but does not last - gives you a "working man's gun" look then fades away but you can re-apply the OXPHO-BLUE and get the look back. Same process with the Birchwood Casey stuff. Finish off both with a coat of wax to help it last longer.

IMG_2793 4.jpg

IMG_2799.jpg

Birchwood Casey cold blue what I used on my Colonial. Clean barrel thoroughly, good coat of solution, warm with heat gun until dry. Carded with grey 3m pad, reapply and warm again.
Carded until I liked the color. It is a grey that I find pleasing. Has held up well for a year of shooting/hunting.

Don

Latest posts

Back