• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Busted by deer cocking sidelock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpatza

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have been getting busted by deer when I cock a sidelock for 50 years. Is there a cure? I just don't get to excited about it as thats the way it is. They don't just click they CLANK, at least all of mine do.

As you cock the hammer, pull the trigger. Once you have the hammer all the way back release the trigger and slowly let the hammer down. Give it a try.

gocriter said:
I have been getting busted by deer when I cock a sidelock for 50 years. Is there a cure? I just don't get to excited about it as thats the way it is. They don't just click they CLANK, at least all of mine do.

Hunters cock! Hold the hammer tight and pull the trigger back as you cock the hammer, then let go of the trigger, then the hammer should be cocked and ready to go, silently.

Back