• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Buying Powder in Mich.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weekilt

32 Cal.
Reaction score
So where in Michigan can a fella buy a couple cans of Goex, or the like?

Local outlets no longer carry it.

You can pick up real BP at Bob's Gun and Tackle in Hastings. Just bought a Pound at Bob's and it was $16.95 if I remember right. On Target in Kazoo also carries it.
The Jag shop In Otsego is a good place also But I reccomend you call first since it's out of the guys powder magazine in his front yard. He lives out in the country and you will need directions on how to get there. The price at the Jag is probably the best.

Rylee's Ace Hdwr. on Michigan in Grand Rapids has it. Schuetzen, I believe. Don't remember a price, though. Another north of White Cloud, I've been told. Hope this helps. Flint.

If you want to combine trips remember that the Kalamazoo Living History show is this month 21-22 at the fair grounds. The largest juried show in the midwest on pre-cartridge weapons. And if you come come in period clothes. I will be there both dys buying and looking. I am weearng my Veterans Reserve uniform on 1 day and my reb stuff the next. There is one guy who sells the converter cylinder for BP. If your looking for one bring your pistol with you for him to fit. this place has 3 show halls filled with stff- Check out the website. www.kalamazooshow.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Schupbachs in Jackson, Johnsons Sporting Goods in Adrian or
Cabelas in Dundee

stoat said:
Schupbachs in Jackson, Johnsons Sporting Goods in Adrian or
Cabelas in Dundee
Where is this Schupbachs in Jackson? I do civil war reenacting and we have an event there at the waterfall park (Ella Sharp?) in August. It is always nice to know if there is powder nearby.

I don't know the street address for
Shupbach's-you could probably google it. They are downtown across from the farmers market if I remember correctly. A real old time gun store.

Thanks to all!

Looks like I have a bit of driving to do.

Guess Bay City will be the closest to my BP starved hometown of Flint.

Thanks again.

You do understand that you have to ask for it at the counter; they don't put it on the shelves.

Here's another option if you live in Flint:
C&L Sports Center
7021 North Lapeer Road
Fostoria, MI 48435
(989) 795-2153

It's actually on M-24 between Lapeer and Mayville, or between North Branch Road and Millington Road if you know where those are.

Everywhere you have to ask for it here in Michigan. They don't keep it on the shelf it's in the safe.

To the guy from Flint looking for bp--Guns Galore in Fenton stocks it.

Last I heard From Mike Lacy at Guns Galore. They no longer handle black powder. If anyone finds out differently let me know.

Order from Maine Powder House, Powder Inc, Graf's, Buffalo Arms, etc and have it delivered to your door step. You will have to pay shipping and a $20 haz mat fee---probably what it will cost in gas runing around trying to find it.

Just got back from a short trip to Lapeer for a funeral.

The C&L Sports Shop on M-24 north of Lapeer wants $24/lb for Goex. That's right, TWENTY FOUR DOLLARS PER POUND.

Duncan's in Bay City charged me $15/lb. Go Duncan's.

Back