• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

cabin creek kits

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbit

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I recently have been looking into building a rifle for my daughter. I came across cabin creek's web sight. They have a boys/ladies rifle which I can get in percussion (I e-mailed them and they would do it). Has anyone here ever dealt with cabin creek kits? I see they use COlerain barrels. Any input out there on these barrles. I have never seen them used by anyone.

I have dealt with Cabin Creek. Their kits are excellent and Brad Emig is very helpful if you have questions about your project. I built the Yorktown rifle. It has the Green Mountain barrel and it went together with no issues. It shoots well with three shots touching at 50 yards. The Colerain barrel is one of the top rated barrels.

Hi Rabbit;

I live a couple of hundred miles from Cabin Creek, but I had the opportunity to stop in at Brad Emig's shop and talk with him on a recent business trip out that way.

He is an excellent builder. He puts together very nice kits. He seems to do a little more detail work in his inletting and his cutting of dovetails and such than most "kit builders" do.

He has a website. He has email. He does respond to his email promptly.

He quoted a price of about $1200 for a finished Yorktown. The kit cost $650, or $710 with a little better curled maple.

One fellow at my local buckskinners club has one of his Yorktown rifles, apparently the same rifle that TucoBlue mentions in his post above. Cabin Creek offers the Yorktown in 50 caliber with a straight Green Mountain 39" barrel. The rifle balances beautifully and weighs in at exactly 7 pounds. This is light for a rifle.

Someday, I intend to build one of the Yorktowns. That's about as strong a reference as I suppose I can give.

Regards,

Jerry.

I like my Colerain barrel a lot! Many competition shooters use them. It is my understanding that both the highly acclaimed Getz barrels and Colerain use the same design specs and both derive from the old Paris barrels. As for Brad Emig, although I have not ordered a kit from him, I have dealt with him on other things and find him helpful, honest and reliable. From what I have seen of his guns, they look first class to me. Check out his accouterments, too.

is his email on this board in the links section and if so what's the name of it please.......................bob

Hi Bob 1961;

I don't know whether Cabin Creek has a link here or not, but I have emailed him at the following address.

[email protected]

He does respond to his email, and quite quickly compared to some!

He does have a website, but I don't have the URL for it.

Jerry.

Thanks for all the reply. I have e-mailed Brad about his ladies/boys gun in caplock. He has a kit currently available in .45 for $710 with a grade 3 stock. Right now I am waiting for Pecatonica's flyer to check them out. From the looks, unless something from Pecatonica really catches my eye, I think I will go with Cabin Creek.

Back