• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Callahan molds

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antelope Pete

40 Cal
Reaction score
Just want to give Larry Callahan a thumbs up. I bought a mold that I thought was not casting the right size ball but it turned out that it was due to my casting eccentricities. Larry worked with me and it's all good. It makes a ball that shoots very good and Larry's a nice guy to talk to.

I have never be happier with a mould then Callahan’s. And setting by a fire casting five ball till a break to let it cool. Makes for a great afternoon

Other than the handles get hot they do pour a good bullet.

You're right, I wore gloves and they still got toasty. I asked for straight handles so I took some wood and rounded them with a rasp and then drilled holes through and slipped the metal handles in them. Haven't used them since but will see how it works next time. The handles look rustic and could have been done back in the time.

Back