• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Can I sleep?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B.Habermehl

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Pa. early muzzloader season opens tomorrow. Will I sleep worth a hoot tonight? NAAA! I will be out O-dark thirty in the morning and up in my tree stand a good hour before dawn. Temps are supposed to be good and cool. The short .58 rifle is all set except for priming as the law allows. All I need is deer. :wink: BJH

Good Luck!
Wish I could go.
I have a doe tag for 3A but I'm not getting out till 2nd week of regular season.( but I am bringing my .54 GPR)

Good luck on your hunt. When younger I always had "restless" sleeps before the opening of grouse and more so w/ the opening of deer. I guess w/ the passing years, a little of the "fire" is no longer present and I now sleep soundly.In the early years, along w/ the lack of sleep were the ever present "stress" headaches caused by the intensity and excitement of the impending hunt and although the "fire" is a lot less, I'm thankful that the headaches have disappeared. My son and grandson are now experiencing that "fire", but as I did, they are surviving the lack of sleep quite nicely.....Again, have a good hunt....Fred

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you had a good day. I get to start on Monday, with temps running from -4c in the morning to +8c by afternoon. Good luck to all, and be safe.

Had a nice morning. The deer passed upwind of me I could smell them but they were just out of sight. I only had about 30 yds visability due to heavy foliage. Had turkeys roosted all aroud me boy was that ever noisy when they flew down. Altogether a good morning. BJH

Back